If you would like to apply to be a senior speaker at commencement follow the instructions below for recording & submitting a video of your speech. You must be available to speak at commencement on August 6th. If you are chosen, this video will be used in the virtual commencement video. Submit your speech video here
- Speeches should be 3-4 minutes in length.
- The speech needs to speak to the entire senior class, not just a few of your friends. No inside jokes or comments that your grandmother might find offensive.
- The video of your speech maybe used in the virtual graduation ceremony. Therefore, try to make the video as professional as possible. You need to dressed in your cap and gown and be standing behind a neutral backdrop (White, light gray, no posters, signs, flags or other items can be in the background)
- You must record the video horizontally (landscape), and make sure you are in a quiet place and can be clearly heard.
- Leave 5-10 seconds of space before & after your speech. Press record, get into place and then slowly count to 5 before beginning your speech. Once finished, count to five before moving and stopping the recording.
Videos must follow these guidelines to be chosen for senior speaker.