Scholarship opportunity for students interested in a healthcare career
January 4, 2017 By:Hunter Watson
Seniors interested in applying for the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare Career Scholarship must have their Scholarship REGISTRATION complete by Wednesday, January 4th. The registration deadline is designed to ensure that applicants and nominators have a reasonable chance of completing their tasks by the application submission deadline of January 11, 2017, 5 p.m If you have any questions, please stop by the College and Career Center and see Mrs. Farris.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Graduating high school seniors who:
• Attend an eligible high school (see list on back).
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (weighted).
• Are planning to pursue an education and career in an approved human health care field (see list at application website).
• Plan to enroll in fall 2016 at a U.S. accredited college or university as a full-time, degree or certificate-seeking first-year student.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency is not required.
• Academic achievement.
• Engagement in activities (extracurricular, community service, and/or work).
• Commitment to a career in health care.
• Character qualities.
• Diversity characteristics.
• Economic and/or social disadvantage
• APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 11, 2017, 5 p.m., Pacific time. Late applications are not accepted.
• INTERVIEWS: February–April 2017. Applicants being considered solely for $2,000 scholarships will not be interviewed. Those being considered for the full spectrum of award amounts will be interviewed. An interview does not guarantee receipt of a scholarship in any amount.
• NOTIFICATION: Late April 2017. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.
• CELEBRATION: May 2017. Scholarship recipients will accept their awards at a ceremony and reception. Invitations will be sent with the award notification.