Know Your Car 1 semester 0.5cr
- Vehicle maintenance class
- No pre-reqs
- Generally big classes full of 10-12 graders
- Junior Seniors are most successful as they are driving.
- Reading, writing, lab work all required.
- Lifting cars using jack/stands
- Oil Changes
- Tire inspection, rotation, pressure checks, emergency flat repair
- Brake inspections
- Vehicle identification
- Taught S1 and S2
Auto Tech 1 1 semester 0.5cr
- 1st course in the series for auto repair- career path.
- 10-12 grade.
- No pre-reqs.
- Taught S1 only
- Do NOT need Know Your Car!
- Tool identification basics, safety, measuring in inches and mm/cm
- 4 stroke engine operation/repair
- Disassemble, measure, evaluate, identify all the internal engine parts.
Auto Tech 2 1 semester 0.5cr
- Passing Auto 1 required first.
- Taught S2 only
- Frame/lifting/safety using jacks, stands, and vehicle hoists
- Heavy electrical theory and operation.
- Students with Good algebra 1 foundation see most success.
- Voltage/Current/Resistance relationships.
- Automotive battery theory, operation, inspection, testing, service, replacing, repair unit.
- Automotive fluids end of semester if time.
Adv Engine Systems 2 semesters 1.0cr
- Alternates school years with ADV Chassis.
- Must have completed/passed Auto Tech 1 and 2.
- Must be paired with the Advanced Lab course
- S1 – Dual credit opportunity with Chemeketa Community College. 6 credit AUM 151
- Disassemble, measure, evaluate, rebuild a late model 4 cyliinder engine with single or dual o-head camshaft.
- Timing belt experience
- S2 – Engine performance semester.
- If no pass S1- no S2.
- Automotive computers, ignition, fuel system management theory operation. Using scan tools and checking/evaluating codes.
- Interpreting and drawing graphs of voltage, resistance, signals.
- Lots more electrical again like in Auto 2 except more advanced topics and diagnostics.
Adv Chassis Systems 2 semsters 1.0cr
- Must complete/pass Auto Tech 1 and 2
- Must be paired with Advanced Lab course.
- S1- Dual credit opportunity with Chemeketa Community College. 6 credit AUM 156 Brakes.
- Theory and operation/diagnosis and repair of automotive braking systems. College level.
- S2 – Steering, Suspension, Wheels/tires and Alignment theory operation, diagnosis/testing and repair of these systems.
Advanced Lab 2 semesters 1.0cr
- To be taken concurrently with advanced engines or chassis courses.
- Sometimes effectively be stacked. Taken a different period than what it’s scheduled for. Really depends on student and how motivated they are.
All of the advanced courses have a large amount of student responsibility in completing work.
Students need to get required tasks done but they complete them at their pace…in a reasonable amount of time.
Completing all of the Auto Tech courses gives students 5 fine arts/elective credits.
Program completers (5 credit earners) will take an end-of-program assessment.
- ASE student certification.
- Maintenance and Light Repair
- Engine Repair
- Engine Performance
- Auto Trans
- Manual Trans
- Air Conditioning
- Industry recognized.
Students also walk out with certification in using All-Data vehicle information systems.